Monday, August 18, 2008

A Refreshing Weekend



This past weekend one of my best friend and roommates in college came to visit. If only Megan had been here it would have been complete :) Annie is one of my most favorite people in life. She is always one who puts me in my place, encourages me, and reminds me to take time for myself. That is exactly what we did this weekend. This summer has just been such a crazy time between camp, bible studies for students, and going to Bolivia that I have forgotten to just rest. My body has reminded me of that the past few weeks since I have been sick twice with 2 different viruses. So as you can tell this weekend was much needed for me! I love that fact that Lord is intentional with us. He knew exactly what I needed this weekend and met my need by sending Annie. It was such a sweet time of encouragement for me this weekend. We spent the weekend shopping and watching the Olympics and Step Up 2. She also made me her whole made brownies, which are AMAZING!

I ended the weekend last night at our White House Campus for Riversedge( student ministry). It is amazing to see that after only the second week of starting this satellite campus we had almost 80 students. God is good. I can't wait to see what else he has in store.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Britt,
Thanks so much for the weekend! Love ya!! :)

Katie said...

Annie is deceived if she thinks she's your favorite friend!! Ha! I can't wait to see you soon!!! It's been too long!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brittany! That's so awesome about the White House campus- I really want to go visit there next time I come home. Great post!